Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Some underreported FOs

In October I went on several trips. I went to watch one of my best friends get married in Vegas, I went to NYC to meet with friends and go to Rhinebeck, then I turned around and went right back for Halloween with a really good friend from college.

Then, on November 4th, when everyone was voting, my Stepdad's heart stopped while he was in line at his polling place in Phoenix, AZ. He was resuscitated after nearly an hour. I flew to Phoenix that afternoon and spent the next three days with my mom and sister in the ICU while he was completely unconscious. I would be there for a total of nearly 2 weeks while he drifted in and out of heavy sedation. We weren't sure if he even knew who he was.

He is better now. Still in ICU, but in the process of rehabilitation. I got to talk to him on the phone last week, which was pretty amazing. He won't be home in time for Christmas, which really breaks my heart for my mom.

Anyway, needless to say, while I was knitting, I wasn't really blogging. So here are some things I got done in October and November:

Another Queen Anne. Done on the flight to Chicago
I finished another Queen Anne's on the way to NYC and gave it to my girl Corrie. This one is out of Colinette Fandango, one skein.

Making mom a Queen Anne scarf
Yet another Queen Anne, this one for my mom on the flight to Phoenix. Out of another skein of Fandango from the stash.

While in ICU for days and days, I finished the diagonal crocheted blanket that has been lingering for YEARS
Critical care blanket

And I made some pretty good progress on some lovely green socks.
Lil green sock in progress

Currently, I am throwing all that my sniffly, sneezy, coughing, aching, self has into finishing another sweater. Coraline. On size 4s... I mean, really?!
Coraline knitted hem
(This is the body, luckily knit all in one piece. I am almost done with one sleeve as well... after THREE DAYS stuck on the couch. Sheesh!)

Still no job. Still want to move to NYC, though... I won't even say it. I just hope I find some good work soon. Think good thoughts!

No comments: