Saturday, December 20, 2008

A sleeve!

Yeah, that's right... days and days of knitting, and I have a sleeve to show for it.

We have a sleeve!

Here's a close up:

Sleeve on size 4s
(teeny tiny little stitches)

The nice thing is that I have nothing better to do than sit on the couch and work on Coraline. The unfortunate thing is that I have no motivation to do anything but sit on the couch and knit on Coraline.

So far, in addition to one full sleeve, I also have about 6 inches of body and about six inches of sleeve number two. I have been working the body and sleeves as alternating balls (*finish a ball on the body, work a ball on a sleeve** repeat from * to ** overandoverandover). This breaks up the monotony of endless inches of carmine stockinette on size 4 needles. I cannot WAIT for the smocking!

Today I went to see Bolt to cheer me up (it did) and got home to find that The Killing Fields had shown up from Netflix. I have no idea why in the world I ever put that in my queue. Needless to say, the movies sort of canceled each other out, and now I am back to slightly bummed. Tomorrow may be a day for a My Name is Earl DVD marathon.

Hope those of you who can are enjoying the snow!

No comments: