Thursday, October 27, 2005

Travel Slides Revisited!

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

My trip to Phoenix to see the family last month:
There were Adorable Nephew-Babies!


(So. Freakin. Cute.)

Cutey-Pie Older-Brother Nephews!


(A bit of a ham, maybe? My mom thinks the sticker-thing is cute... I said, just wait, you're conditioning him to want tattoos all over his arms. Now she is terribly conflicted.)

My lil sis and I... Knitting! [Awww.]


(I don't know what I am saying, but it is probably bossy.)

AND, in the Just Because You Can... category:


(um. Knit shoes? WTF is Steve thinkin'??)

In other news:
You can all breathe a sigh of relief. The TV arrived, safe and sound, and with the addition of some crazy cables and a cheap antennae, my pals at Law and Order were able to drop by last night.

*************

A techno-rant. (Norma, look away now.) I just bought a new CD. It looked good, and while there was some fine print about "some PCs" not being able to access "all" of the digital media contained therein, I saw no reason to believe that the damn thing wouldn't play for me.

WELL! I was wrong. Turns out there is a new kind of CD, where the tracks are "Protected WMA" format... You can only play these CDs if you allow the disk to install a special player on your computer. They cannot be placed into iTunes, or played on an iPod. You can save a copy of the disk to your harddrive, and then play the tracks with Windows Media Player. But by then the insidious little proprietary 'player' (I don't believe it isn't spyware) is on your computer.

Now I am going to have to make a scene at Tar-jay, so I can get my money back. I mean, I am the anti-iPod, but I like iTunes alright. And ANYWAY, Tar-jay sells iPods! Why would they also try to pass off creepy spy-CDs as regular old CDs, when they won't play on their own merchandise?? And to add insult to injury, I can buy the damn album online in mp3 format! I don't get it! And it makes me mad! Here's one more exclamation point to show you all how pissed I am: !

The moral of the story, gentle readers, is to stay the f**k away from releases that include little bits on the jewel case about only being compatible with Windows Media Player. Anyone know how to get this sh*tty software off of my machine now?

No comments: