Monday, June 06, 2005

Which way did he go, boss? Which way did he go?

Has anyone seen the weekend? It went by in such a blur, that I think I am going to have to limit my future goings'n'doings to one day outta the two. I woke up this morning shocked and appalled to be facing Monday so suddenly.

First, the Race
Well, phenomenal, of course. There were upwards of 50,000 people there, the weather cooperated, and but for a bit of Metro delay, the commute to and from wasn't bad at all.

My Sweet Baboo and I were there, in my employer's colors (and leis):



The pink signs are in "Memory of" or in "Celebration of" and the pink race shirts (with HOPE in big letters) were worn by breast cancer survivors.



And we're off! (Or, why it is good to come to race day with a really tall guy.)



A big cheer went up as the first walkers met up with the last runners at one point in the route.

Thank you all who contributed; you raised $200!! That may not seem like much, but imagine if all 50,000 participants had raised just half of that.

Next, the Hike
While Saturday was cool and breezy, Sunday was humid and oppressive. If I had been thinking straight, I would have stayed home. But, I am in training now for Alaska. And I am pretty proud of myself for sucking it up and going out in the misery anyway. Plus, I had a happy reunion with my hiking buddy! She was on her way to Sri Lanka after the tsunami last I had spoken with her, so I was very glad to see her safe and sound. She is currently raising money to buy sewing machines and bicycles for the tradespeople there whose livelihood was washed out to sea with everything else.

We had company on the trail from a local or two:



Click for a peek at Bull Run river.

Finally, the Knit
Lotus is stalled at one repeat of the "blossoms." I am going to recommit myself to her this week.



Startitis took hold last week, and I began another lace piece. This one is from Shawls and Scarves: Best of Knitter's and is being worked up in some of Woolarina's Shiny.

No comments: