Friday, June 03, 2005

Thank Goodness its Almost Over

This week, that is. Surfing the cyberknitcafe lately has shown that several folks are feeling a post-spring slump.

I would like, therefore to make a list of all the things that are great about summer. What gets you absolutely FIRED UP about June-July-August? Leave me a note.

******************************

This weekend, I will spend Saturday taking a 3.1 mile walk, rain or shine. (Cross your fingers for shine!) And on Sunday, I am going to try to take a wee hike around Bull Run as well. I need to get out more and walk some of my butt off. (This is week one of my new training program to get me ready to enjoy my Alaska trip!)

With such an overflowing of fiber around here, I am having a hard time finishing stuff before I start new stuff. Last night, I couldn't wait any longer and cast on for a beautiful candle-flame pattern wrap with the firey-sunshiney Shine from Woolarina ... No pics yet, but stay tuned!

I still need to finish the Lotus Blossom shawl, the black gauntlets, the black oat couture sweater, the little pink purse, and the new stripey afghan. EEK!

Until Monday, here is the next project that is calling my name loud and clear:


(Have I mentioned lately how much I love my new little ball winder??)

These are a couple of skeins of Brooks Farm. I am thinking big needles, simple pattern = quick wrap. But I am also thinking that I should finish a few things first.

No comments: