Thursday, May 12, 2005

Back to the grind

So... I'm working on some socks [sigh]... And the lotus shawl is up to row 115 or something [pout]. I really need to finish my oat couture sweater so I can stop feeling guilty for not finishing anything.

(Is my superfun hobby really so boring now? I think not!)

But. Already I am missing the camaraderie of fellow knitters. After all, no one at work cares how soft my new silk is, or how cool bloggerX is in person.

I do have a *tiny* bit of fun to think about, so I will try to focus on that.

First, tonight is the NoMoCo meetup and rumor has it that much drop spindling will be taking place. I still haven't made a dent in the roving stash I got at Rhinebeck last year (and in a remarkable show of restraint that surprised me most of all, I did NOT buy any more roving at MD). So I am going to try to get ALL the way up there to meet with those folks.

Second is this:



I can't tell you what it's for just yet... And it may take forEVER before I can... But it's pretty exciting. (Lara, don't tell!) If nothing else, it's free yarn that came for ME! And that's cool in and of itself.

No comments: