Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Taking my blog pulse

... And yes, there is one, but it is faint. I wish I knew how to get this thing off life support and back to "normal life." Until then, please bear with the ultra-sporadic posts.

Today's post is brought to you by Sue over at Knitting in the Big City. She tagged me on this meme.

  1. Total amount of music files on your computer: 32 gigs... But 90% of it is FMF's. I just like to rip my world beat stuff for workouts. I still like having old fashioned CDs.
  2. The last CD you bought was: OK. This is a bit embarrassing. If you had asked me last week I coulda been all cool and said The Weepies, or the Be Good Tanyas, or Great Lake Swimmers. But no. I am on the road in Austin, and I bought Don't Mess With Texas Music vol. 2 at Starbucks yesterday. What can I say? When in Rome (plus it is for a good cause).
  3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? I am not a huge country fan... I mean Johnny Cash and, to a lesser extent, Victoria Williams notwithstanding. But, see above. It was George Strait, "I can't see Texas from here" (though, I definitely can).
  4. What are your five favorite songs and why they mean the most to you: Yeah. As if I could pick. Well, today anyway, the list looks like this...
    • Miss Claire Remembers. Enya. This song is short but lovely, it reminds me of the end of one of my longest lived crushes (6+ years!!) It was, I think, a good end.
    • Summertime. Janis Joplin or Billie Holliday. I hate summer, but I love the hot and sticky sound of that song. Can't you just feel the lazy ceiling fans and taste the sweet tea?
    • Throw Your Arms Around Me. Eddie Vedder. Ah, love! And sweet, sweet Eddie's crackly croon makes me a little weak in the knees.
    • Muddy Hymnal. Iron & Wine. Recent Favorite-I like the writing.
    • Aching For You. Kristen Hersh. I love love love KH. I can't really pick one, this could have been Beestung, or Trouble, or The Letter, or Whole Heap of Little Horses.
    • River. Joni Mitchell or Travis. "I made my baby cry..." Gets me every time.
  5. What 3 people are you going to pass this baton to and why? I miss everyone. I haven't had time to do anything (including read many blogs) so forgive me if you have already memed this one... Ann, because I would love to read your answers. Lara, aka, Drunk radio DJ and Knitter Extra-ordinaire. I think I may have seen this from you already, but come on! A DJ?! That's like getting to find out what Jacques Pepin makes for his own dinner. And lastly, I am turning my comments back on so that Linda(sans blog last I heard), who I really miss knitting/gabbing with can weigh in. Linda, are you out there? I really miss knitting and gabbing with you!

In knitting news: lots of socks. Slow thrumms, slower sweaters. And great reports on the xmas gifts. (Like anyone would say "Wow, that thing you knit me really sucked.") I especially liked hearing about the nephew who got stash buster in the spring... he liked stash buster so much he was sad I hadn't knit him another for xmas. A 9 year old boy, can you imagine?! He is so getting a sweater a.s.a.p. Also, nephew #2 will not allow the Baby Blue sweater to be taken off of him once it has been put on... and he's like TWO!! I can't stand it.

I have been blessed with many wonderful RAOKs and not-so-RAOKs lately. I am sorry not to have posted about them. You know who you are, and how much your gifts/emails meant to me. Thank you.

No comments: