Today's post is brought to you by Sue over at Knitting in the Big City. She tagged me on this meme.
- Total amount of music files on your computer: 32 gigs... But 90% of it is FMF's. I just like to rip my world beat stuff for workouts. I still like having old fashioned CDs.
- The last CD you bought was: OK. This is a bit embarrassing. If you had asked me last week I coulda been all cool and said The Weepies, or the Be Good Tanyas, or Great Lake Swimmers. But no. I am on the road in Austin, and I bought Don't Mess With Texas Music vol. 2 at Starbucks yesterday. What can I say? When in Rome (plus it is for a good cause).
- What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? I am not a huge country fan... I mean Johnny Cash and, to a lesser extent, Victoria Williams notwithstanding. But, see above. It was George Strait, "I can't see Texas from here" (though, I definitely can).
- What are your five favorite songs and why they mean the most to you: Yeah. As if I could pick. Well, today anyway, the list looks like this...
- Miss Claire Remembers. Enya. This song is short but lovely, it reminds me of the end of one of my longest lived crushes (6+ years!!) It was, I think, a good end.
- Summertime. Janis Joplin or Billie Holliday. I hate summer, but I love the hot and sticky sound of that song. Can't you just feel the lazy ceiling fans and taste the sweet tea?
- Throw Your Arms Around Me. Eddie Vedder. Ah, love! And sweet, sweet Eddie's crackly croon makes me a little weak in the knees.
- Muddy Hymnal. Iron & Wine. Recent Favorite-I like the writing.
- Aching For You. Kristen Hersh. I love love love KH. I can't really pick one, this could have been Beestung, or Trouble, or The Letter, or Whole Heap of Little Horses.
- River. Joni Mitchell or Travis. "I made my baby cry..." Gets me every time.
In knitting news: lots of socks. Slow thrumms, slower sweaters. And great reports on the xmas gifts. (Like anyone would say "Wow, that thing you knit me really sucked.") I especially liked hearing about the nephew who got stash buster in the spring... he liked stash buster so much he was sad I hadn't knit him another for xmas. A 9 year old boy, can you imagine?! He is so getting a sweater a.s.a.p. Also, nephew #2 will not allow the Baby Blue sweater to be taken off of him once it has been put on... and he's like TWO!! I can't stand it.
I have been blessed with many wonderful RAOKs and not-so-RAOKs lately. I am sorry not to have posted about them. You know who you are, and how much your gifts/emails meant to me. Thank you.