Sunday, December 12, 2004

Winners, and another contest...

The winners of last week's contest are:
Annie T - VotG Kids Knits
Patti - Duck Family bath toys
La - Secret Runner-up prize

Ladies, please send me your snail mail addy (kali ~AT~ bgb ~DOT~ cc). This week's contest is at the bottom of this post.

Philly
Far too short, really gray and rainy (so very unphotogenic), and virtually fiber-free (YNBA, remember?). I did finish a sock, and weave in the ends of a pair of lil man mitlettes.


Click here for the rest...

Caroline, next time I will take you up on the recommendation AND stop by Sophie's... Thank you!

And, Patti, I did go for the longhotbath... I work for a Natural Grocery Store, and every time I take business trips, I tend to come home with some new scrub or soak. But I rarely use them. How ridiculous is that?! This time, however, I made time and soaked away.

Here is Funk Master Flash's gray beanie from last weekend:



Absolute best reward? He wears it ALL the time.

This Week's Contest:
Show me your frogs! (Or, at least tell me about them.) I have all manner of glorious froggy gifts with which to honor froggings past.

Why would anyone want to honor the act of ripping out one's knitting? Well, it takes courage and faith (that you'll get it right the second time) to rip out one's hard work. It means you can spot your mistakes (remember when you started knitting and you couldn't even tell the knits from the purls... or is that just me?) and you can extrapolate how to fix them. It shows that you won't settle for less than the best in your knitting.

This is not to say that those who don't frog are lesser knitters. I tend to follow the "galloping horse" rule myself whenever possible. I mean, there are only so many knitting hours in the day! But, I think it is important to appreciate the frogs... They are learning experiences, and reminders to enjoy the product and the process. Love your frogs: they show that you have the luxury of being able to try again...

To enter the contest, leave me a comment about a memorable "frogging" (either your own, or if you just don't frog, one you have witnessed). I will use some sort of random algorithm to draw a few names this following Sunday.

Have a fantastic week!

No comments: