Wednesday, December 29, 2004

2005 notes

GEMINI (May 21-June 20): To guide your journey in 2005, I've selected two quotes. I suggest you write them out and keep them in your wallet or under your pillow for the next ten months.

The first is from mythologist Joseph Campbell: "The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature." Your second keynote comes from the ancient Chinese sage, Lao Tzu: "Stop leaving and you will arrive. Stop searching and you will see. Stop running away and you will be found." Now here's your homework, Gemini:

Meditate on how these themes articulate two angles of approach to the same joyful work.

[More Free Will Astrology online here.]

*********
I am less sure about what the Joseph Campbell quote means, but Lao! He could not BE more right on about what I need right now. Here's to really wishing I could find just the right boot with which to kick my own ass. I surely need it.

I need to get a pom-pom maker today, then the littlest wee's hat can be finished. (Yes, I am too lazy to cut out two circles.) I have also picked Oversweater back up and added a few rows last night. The knitting on that thing is slow slow slow—I think this is because it is scratchy wool on bamboo circs. If I remember, I will pick up some aluminum 11s while I am hunting for the pom-pom machine.

I am off to "spend" my prize from Vicki. She had a great blog contest around Thanksgiving and everyone who entered won.

[NOTE: It is hard to think of this space as a journal again, rather than an oration... I started out the last paragraph as "A big thanks to Vicki..." It will be a process for sure.]

Still wondering whether I will try to do resolutions or not. I like the Mondo Beyondo list idea I saw here. My Mondo Beyondo might look like this:
  • Travel to Nepal
  • Teach Yoga
  • Live in a house with a porch and a backyard (I doesn't have to be mine, even)
  • Get my Master's

I like the other list ideas too... Maybe I will write what I learned in 2004 next. I definitely want to formalize my goals for this space as well... but I am not ready to yet.

For the rest of the week I will be praying (such that I can) and hoping for my friend C. Her family and many friends are in Sri Lanka and she doesn't know how many are OK.

I cannot even imagine. How does one deal with such a force? How can anyone have any faith after something like this? The reality of all that devastation is just beyond my grasp.

No comments: