Monday, August 30, 2004

Home Again...

What a great week!

Last week was wonderful on so many levels, I was very sorry to see it end. I will be trying in the next few weeks to find ways to maintain that energy. First, the first part of the week, a business trip, went well. Then, my oldest and recently rediscovered friend, C, and her amazing family shared a bit of their joy and jostled some of my dour sobriety in the best possible way. To see how long I have known her, click here. She is on the far left, I am in the middle. Our friend Sash is on the right. We are in the 7th or 8th grade here (notice the cool shaker sweaters) and had already known eachother about 5 years. I know, it's a really blurry picture. But that's what I've got.

And yes, if you have waited forever for the page to load with all the pictures, there is knitting content included!

Grandma's Shawl (this was technically pre-trip, but I owe a pic):


click here for another view

Stats:
Pattern: None, 5x5 rib, knit lengthwise, on size 15s
Size: Really Long
Yarn: Outback Mohair in Marengo, and a Lang mohair-micro blend in a Camel color in the fringe
Started: August 9, 2004
Finished: August 22, 2004

My first pair of socks, as modeled by C's youngest (and most precocious), Het-Heru:



Stats:
Pattern: Basic Dutch Heel Sock, as taught by Marietta, at Woolwinders
Size: Little Girl size
Yarn: Plymouth Encore in a Multi-Red
Started: August 16, 2004
Finished: August 24, 2004


Her oldest, the ever compassionate Amon:



(He has an order in for green socks, with red on top.)

What do we have here?:


Wanna closer look?

Stats:
Mostly the same as above except they are my size.
Yarn: Aurancania Wool in Black-ish
Started: August 19, 2004
Finished: August 29, 2004

We took a super fast trip into NYC, just long enough to get some yarn (say it with me: C rocks) and have some lunch with her excellent big sis in the East Village. If you had only 3 hours in New York, and could only go to one yarn store (with only an hour til closing), where would you go?

Answer tomorrow.

Now that I am back in touch with her, I envision more trips to New Jersey (and hopefully slightly longer trips to NYC so I can visit other friends as well).

No comments: