Thursday, April 29, 2004

Sleeves sleeves sleeves

In knitting news: I finished up my Salt Peanuts sleeve, and have begun the Dread Left Front. Lucky for me, Jen has already written it up all clear and understandably HERE.

I will put together an SP tips and tricks page after the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival THIS WEEKEND~woooo! (OK, I am a little excited, the only shame is that I will be on my own at the fest, so if you see me, encourage me to buy more yarn.)

I have also cast on (and ripped and cast on and ripped and cast on) the first sleeve for the Sitcom Chic Redux over at Theresa's place. I had a bit of trouble understanding Bonne's intent, and instead was actually following the pattern too closely! (Can you imagine?) I think I got the hang of it....


Salt Peanuts sleeve and Eyelet Cardi cast on


I promised a stash enhancement shot awhile back, so here you go:



Included in the above is some Colinette Prism, Allagash, some lovely assorted cottons (for xmas gifts, most likely), some GGH Goa destined to be a baby sweater, and some GGH Aspen destined to become a me sweater (I am thinking possibly the UltraCool Boogie from the latest Knitty.)

Obviously, the last thing I need is more fiber... But life shouldn't always be about need, so Wool Fest here I come!

I will be taking a class on Continental Knitting from Anna Zilboorg (who has designed some WILD socks!) and a class on Innovative Finishing from Heather Winslow. I can't wait. I hope to see some of you there!

No comments: