Saturday, January 23, 2010

ISO: skinnier butt

I have been working on getting in shape and eating better for a couple of years now. So far, I'm down a little over 50 pounds from my starting weight, down about 12 beats per minute on my resting heart rate, and my BMI has dropped from nearly 34 to almost 25. I have also finished 3 half marathons. And I fit into a size 8 for the first time in my life. I'm close.

I have been hovering around my current weight and size for months and months now. Down five, then back up; rinse and repeat. Living with my parents has been really difficult, as they are junk and comfort food junkies. All the stuff that got me to nearly 200 lbs is around every day--cookies, chips, steak and mashed potatoes, cheese and bread. Plus my new 40 work week and 45 minute round trip commute means that I have less time to work out than ever.

I'm in a rut.

So I am going to try to jostle myself out of it by going vegan for one month. One month is doable, right? For a bacon and cheddar loving girl, it might be a bit hairy, but lately getting out of my comfort zones has done wonders.

I would welcome any of your feedback on either getting off of a plateau or persevering in the face of calorie-laden tasty, tasty adversity. Anyone out there doing it? Any of y'all vegan? Do you miss shrimp and brie?

No comments: