Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Home again, home again

Returning is so often a big ole downer.

I want to thank everyone who commented on the M & Ms post... I am so glad I am not alone in my careful candy consumption!

Today is a little hectic, so I will only blab about my trip a little.

First, I did make it to Brooklyn General. They had some fantastic fabrics, but the smallest selection on sock yarns I have ever seen (outside of Toni's booth on Sunday at MDS&W). I wanted to buy every Lexi Barnes bag in there, but I did not. Hooray for being sensible! Once the shop is online, I may not show as much restraint over their beautiful plastics.

I did pick up a couple of things there.

NYC S.E.X.

The orange and brown worsted alpaca/silk will become fingerless gloves for a friend and the dk alpaca/silk in the mouthwatering red will be a lace scarf for me.

I also got to see a bit of Central Park, the planetarium and natural history museums, lots of great architecture in Brooklyn, and met up with some old and new friends. Here's the photo album.

Now its time to get into as much of a regular schedule before the next houseguest comes at the end of the month. One of my oldest girlfriends, Phoebe, is coming for ten whole fantastic days, and I can hardly wait!

No comments: