Wednesday, October 10, 2007

All over but the shoutin'

FINALLY!
Here is my Jems Diamonique almost ALMOST finished.

Jems Diamonique

I still need to weave in the ends and take some goofy action shots, but in the meantime... Woo! This thing has been lingering and lingering.

See her lovely side shaping?

Diamonique - waist shaping

And her plunging V? (She's a bit of a tart, but no tramp.)

Diamonique - neckline
Click here to see it more embiggened.

I made a few mods, but I think I will hold those for the final post. She is a wee bit short (as are all knits without darts, on accounta my buzooms). But otherwise seems to fit well. I used Shine Sport in Hydrangea (which is a color somewhere between all three above).

All in all this was a mostly painless knit. There is a lesson in it for me: if I ever write a lace pattern with decreases on the left AND right, I will try my damnedest to chart them out. But more on that later, for now, the champagne is chilling and I am getting my weaving-in muscles warmed up.

No comments: