Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Birthday and training update

My camera is dying so I can't show you my second fantastic birthday gift from M. It is a killer roller derby poster. (I'm not saying my boyfriend is better than your boyfriend, I'm just sayin'.) We also lazed around, watched a movie, biked, hiked, and ate birthday cake. Best. Birthday. Ever.

Training update:
Saturday - Tri training - Bike/run brick. I did 8.26 miles on the bike (avg speed 10.7, max 25.6) then I jog/walked for an additional 30 mins (distance unknown-1.5 miles+?) I felt so great after this workout (even though I felt pretty beat a couple of times during it). I was singing at top volume on the drive home and calling everyone I thought might care to tell them all about it.
Sunday - Rest day.
Monday - Birthday! M and I headed out early to the fantastic Veloway. We biked one loop, then went an extra 7 miles down and back up Mopac. My final reading was 10.32 miles (in 49 minutes-avg speed 12.4, max speed 23.3). Later we hiked a little (30 mins?).
Tuesday - Run/Walk - Neighborhood jog/walk. The humidity was high and I kept gasping for breath and feeling really overworked, even though my heartrate was pretty low. Anyone have any experience in humidity to give me some pointers? I stayed out 35 mins and jogged (mostly) up two hills (2 mins each)

This week is week seven (of eight). 'Know what that means? The triathlon is NEXT SUNDAY. Eek.

No comments: