How did this happen? How will I get it all done?
If you too have these questions, might I suggest that you join me in calling: 1-877-SOS-KNIT (seriously, if you haven't called yet, DO IT NOW!)
Xmas knitting (that was never going to happen in the first g-damn place):
|Sis' hat (done)||Mom's scarf (55%)|
|Lil AR's scarf (done)||Nephew #1s sweater (45%)|
|JR's socks (done)||D's socks (50%)|
|HR's mitts (0%)|
Is it ridiculous? Possibly doable? Anyone? Bueller?
In the Way Less Stressful dept:
Amy and I went to a fantastic show last night! Iron & Wine with Calexico. This show was a little different in that the bands each did separate sets then a set together. If you haven't checked these folks out, get to it! Here are some downloads for your browsing pleasure:
Iron & Wine
- Live at Bonnaroo (gotta buy the whole set, but you can listen to snippets of the first three songs)
- The Creek Drank the Cradle (This is the Amazon link to my favorite album. Especially Muddy Hymnal - which Sam did not play, but I forgive him. You can listen to snippets here too.)
- You can download one of the tracks from the above album at Subpop. (More tracks can be found on each album in the catalog.)
- Black Light (All the shirts had this car on them, so I imagine this is what we heard the most of... I only had one Calexico track before the show, but now I want more)
- Stream several tracks on Epitonic.
Tonight, we are checking out Bettye Lavette (thanks for passing her on, Casey!) Will Amy and I survive two shows in one week? Who knows, maybe!