Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Stitch Marker Mania (and the Dolman is gettin' seamed)

I recently participated in now what niter's stitch marker swap.

I did not take pictures of the markers I sent off (I hope the recipients like them). But I did manage to snap the markers I have so far received.

First from Jennifer over at Piddleloop.com (her markers apparently arrived ages ago, but with my trips and classes, I hadn't gotten to my work mailbox in ages. Thanks so much, Jennifer! Sorry for the delay in posting.):


Can you tell how awesome the packaging is? They came in a little box with a ribbon and a piddleloop.com tag. And that card! Too cute...


And of course, inside was the loot! Beautiful turquoise glass, with a couple lagniappe sets for socks.

Then, just as I was leaving work yesterday I saw an envelope in my mail cubbie. I didn't get a picture of it, but it came all the way from Australia!

Inside were the follwing:


Three beautiful sets and a fantastic knitterly card.

Thanks for these go out to Jo in Australia. She didn't include a website, so I am not sure how to thank her other than to send word out in to the cyber-ether.

************************

Here was the Dolman at 7 pm:



And here is a reasonable facsimile of what it should look like when all is said and done.

By 9:30 I had only finished one shoulder seam and started the second. Backstitch is sure time consuming! I am hoping tonight to be able to finish that seam and get the garter cuffs done. This, of course, after my torture, er, training session with Mad Man Rob.

Any one care to lay odds on whether or not Dolman will be done in time for the trip? I mean, it's only finishing, right? But this is killer finishing!

No comments: