Friday, November 12, 2004

I was going to be all full of ideas...

But I was just too. Tired. This morning.

This is for Ann:


The haircut

On Wednesday, I had a great sit n knit session with Lara at the seemingly MOST crowded bookstore in Maryland. Those socks are even sassier in person. I made great progress on some mittlettes. Such great progress that they are now FOs...

These were not on any to-do list, but I needed them:



Stats:
Pattern - Loosely based on the wrister-half of the convertible gloves in Amy's Knit Wit.
Yarn - Fantasy Yarn's Cashmere Luxury Chunky (available only from A.C. Moore stores, so far as I can find, and presumably a Cashmerino knockoff)
Gauge - 4 ½ st/in on size 8 circular needles (ribbing was done on 4s, and just to be difficult, the thumbs were done on size 6dpns).

I knit and reknit the first one three times starting on the way to Rhinebeck. The second one I only knit twice. Don't ask why they took so many tries, they just aren't that complex. But in this case I was knitting for product, not process. This is (for me) usually a mistake.

Despite Norma's and Margene's reminders, I often forget the process, and worry too much about how fast fast fast my knitting is or should be. Then the knitting karma-fairy doinks me on the head with a forgotten decrease, or a weird increase and I tink tink tink to fix it.

I am going to make a pre-New Year's resolution to knit more slowly, and not worry about Christmas gifts. If I get it done, right on. If not, there are Plenty of other gifts in the world that can be given. Then again, if I drop Boogie so I can knit 7 scarves and nothing else, I will be ok with that too, as long as it is fun knitting.

And now for something completely different, I don't think I ever posted a picture of the completed SP/RAOK scarf, so here it is:



It is the goonchiest and softest scarf ever. I can't wait for the temp to drop a couple more degrees!

No comments: