This has to be a quickie, because the last of the meetings (for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!) starts shortly.
In the PONCHO dept.:
They are all the rage this fall... If you don't want one (and how could you not want one??), you must know a teenage girl who will just die if she doesn't get one. Here are some easy, yet gorgeous poncho patterns. I need to figure out how to fit all of these into my list of to-dos.
- From our own amazing Stephanie, the lovely Mission Falls Poncho.
- Knitty knew the poncho explosion was coming, all the way last fall! Check out the easy-as-pie Villa.
- If you haven't checked out Berroco's free pattern archive, you are missing out! My current favorite (I am picturing Big Wool, or Manos or something) is the Loretta Lynn.
In the For You or Your Secret Pal dept.:
Handmade stitch markers! So beautiful and so useful! Plenty of your fellow knit-bloggers are selling them at reasonable rates.
- The SP2 hostess with the mostest, Heidi, has some beautiful charms.
- Kim over at Gibson Girl design has some pretties (in two sizes!) which you can purchase via PayPal.
- The boys at Threadbare have some lovely designs by Sarah Peasley, Handknitter.
- And for those of you looking for a new craft, here is a mini-tutorial on how to make some, by Stefanie at GlampyreKnits.