Thursday, May 27, 2004

slow and steady

wins the race? More like gets bored and resentful.

I have had to take a break from the Bucket. It is killing my hands. Now, I knew that it would because everyone who made this out of kitchen-y cotton said it would. Even Bonne Marie herself said not to use it. But I am stubborn and willful. [sigh]

See? Bad things happen when you try to use up the stash. I should've gone with my first instinct and purchased a Colinette Poncho kit (and then remembered I was making a bucket hat and purchased some yarn for that too).

In other news, Salt Peanuts is languishing with an almost-done right front, and the Eyelet Cardi is moving forward again at its sloth-on-quaaludes pace.

I am hopefully having a little loveseat delivered today. I have never owned a new loveseat (or couch, but we only have room for the apartment version). I am turning 31 on Saturday and figured it was about time to stop sitting around on folding chairs or lumpy futons. If all goes well, tonight I will be nestled in big cottony cushions with my feet up on a matching ottoman finishing up that right front. Cross your fingers.

No comments: