Thursday, March 11, 2010

Finding calming ground

I have absolutely got to figure out ways to feel better about my current situation. No space of my own, a ridiculous commute, lots of work for little money, mounting debt, and rejections. It's making me nuts, and it doesn't have to, I'm convinced!

I am trying to think positive and or recognizing this is part of a larger process just isn't enough. Does anyone out there have any ideas for concrete ways to live more in the moment despite less than optimal circumstances?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

caroline said...

hmmm. am not sure what would work for you, can only share what I'm doing (different circumstances, similar feeling). Some days it's a minute to minute thing. I almost have to wrench my attitude around to find something/anything positive. I focus on that, on gratitude for something/anything/everything, I volunteer in some way, I get out an walk and try to give my stress and negativity to the sky, the earth. Sometimes these things work, sometimes they don't. There's something from the Hawaiian tradition called the Ha o'pono, o'pono. When I catch myself spiraling down, I say, "I'm sorry, please forgive me. I love you, I love you, I love you..." as many times as necessary. I'm saying this to myself, my higher self, whatever. It was taught to me by a wonderful life coach whose client I once was. It does help shift the energy. hope it's not too woo-woo.
If you find something that works, share, mmmK?