Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

It has been sort of a weird Fall.

Last year's resolutions didn't go as planned.

Technically, last year didn't go as planned, in a number of ways. And while we're at it, the year before didn't really follow the plan either. This probably says something about plans, best laid (or is it lain?) and otherwise.

This year I will also not make any real and sweeping resolutions. It doesn't seem to matter whether I declare them or not, it's the follow through part that makes it happen. So I will just leave it at this: I intend to do my best this year, in all aspects of my life.

Some things that I have done lately: I finished a cardi and never posted it, I have applied to 4 of the 7 grad schools that I have my eye on, I went on a pretty cool roadtrip to the Grand Canyon and then another one to Tucson and parts nearby. I was published in the Rio Review again (yay!) I entered some writing contests, but haven't won any of them yet (but there's always tomorrow).

As far as going forward, I have set for myself some writing and fitness goals for the near future, and this blog will play a bit part in all that. If anyone is still out there: Happy New Year and talk to you again soon.

No comments: