Friday, January 02, 2009

Day 2, how's everyone doing?

Well... My life hasn't completely turned around yet. But I really am trying to have a better attitude. That has to count for something, right?

I am just so sick and tired of being too depressed to get up at a reasonable hour or accomplish anything productive in a day. Being offered a job would be nice (happened today) if it was even equal to what unemployment is paying. Damn economy.

Today I ran 4 miles, had two job interviews, and got a bit re-invigorated about ferreting out some freelance work. And now I am even writing a little. These are things I should be proud of and happy about, so I am going to go with that.

In other news, New Year's Eve was as drunk and debaucherous as one may have expected:

And of course it is the cigar smoking hour at Sidebar
[It is never a good sign when the cigar smoking starts]

And last night, a few folks ventured over to Rachel's place to have a little Arts n Drafts field trip. We got to hear some lovely music, eat some tasty snacks, and get our craft on:

Ellen's dad plays a traditional Finnish instrument he made himself
[Ellen's dad plays us some tunes on an instrument he made himself]

Rachel and Alisha watch Ellen's dad
[Rachel and Alysha watch the impromptu concert]

Mimi needlepointing
[Mimi's saucy needlepoint]

Ellen is making a book
[Ellen making a book]

Smock stitch in progress
[I have started the smock stitches on my Coraline... the end is near]

Thank you for your positive feedback on my goals. I am about to go get a lil office supply action to help track and reach them... If you are writing your own 12 goals for 2009, I would love to see them.

No comments: