- Bears: only one, and only for a second while he dashed across the road.
- Whales: two kinds! A family pod of Orcas and a lone Humpback.
- Eagles: Bald and Golden
- Hikes: Almost every day, totaling 46 miles by the time I got home.
- Glaciers: One by boat (Holgate) and one by land (Exit & Harding Ice Field)
- Mountains: Beautiful!
- Mosquitoes: Almost non-existent, I have a few really annoying bites on my hands and ankles, but that's it. Never even broke out the head net.
- LYS: Far North Yarn Co (no website) in Anchorage. (You didn't think I would leave without yarn, didja?) I got some sock and scarf yarn in beautiful glacial colors.
- Knitting: Yup! I Finished two pairs of mittletts (one was for my guide) and got halfway through a pair of socks. My flower basket shawl got ZERO work once the trip started: there was just too much to look at to bother with a chart.
Thank you for all the well-wishes and shout outs. I will post more later... I am still decompressing.