Thursday, August 25, 2005

Safe and nearly sound

I made it home! I don't have any pics uploaded yet, but here are few notes on my fantastic trip:
  • Bears: only one, and only for a second while he dashed across the road.
  • Whales: two kinds! A family pod of Orcas and a lone Humpback.
  • Eagles: Bald and Golden
  • Hikes: Almost every day, totaling 46 miles by the time I got home.
  • Glaciers: One by boat (Holgate) and one by land (Exit & Harding Ice Field)
  • Mountains: Beautiful!
  • Mosquitoes: Almost non-existent, I have a few really annoying bites on my hands and ankles, but that's it. Never even broke out the head net.
  • LYS: Far North Yarn Co (no website) in Anchorage. (You didn't think I would leave without yarn, didja?) I got some sock and scarf yarn in beautiful glacial colors.
  • Knitting: Yup! I Finished two pairs of mittletts (one was for my guide) and got halfway through a pair of socks. My flower basket shawl got ZERO work once the trip started: there was just too much to look at to bother with a chart.

Thank you for all the well-wishes and shout outs. I will post more later... I am still decompressing.

No comments: