Monday, June 28, 2004

Brevity is the Soul of Wit

...quoth the Bard.

(Although I prefer Ms. Parker's take: "Brevity is the soul of lingerie.")

That last post was a doozy, and my apologies to anyone with dial-up or an otherwise slow connection. I will keep this one brief and photo free.

This weekend I got a little bit of knitting (and a lot of sightseeing) done with Michelle! She describes the afternoon quite well, so I won't rehash it. I will say that I was very happy to finally get to one of the Smithsonians... it is nearly criminal that I have been here for more than 5 months and hadn't gone yet. I can see more trips in the future now that my curiousity is piqued.

Knitwise, I managed to get about 3 inches done on my Eyelet Cardi body and should have pictures up tomorrow. Also finished the "shiny coffee" garter stitch scarf (I have posted a detail already, and if you've seen one...) and got two-thirds done on my fifth Critter Knit.

Thanks to a great post by Margene, I have been thinking about beginner knitters (I very much consider myself one) and how they are made. I have been trying to get a hold of the woman who taught me to knit and ask her how she learned and from whom. Once I do (and she gives me the OK to blab about her on the blog) I hope to post a little about it. Who taught you to knit, and do you know who taught your teacher?

Last But Not Least: Jessie Finished Salt Peanuts! {and the crowd goes WILD! whraaaawwwww} It looks great, especially (IMHO) the olivewood brown. I am newly inspired to get my brown peanut blocking.

No comments: